(RADIATOR) Radiator on Symbol Mobility Server

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Thu May 1 18:30:26 CDT 2003

Hi all,

we recently did some testing with the Spectrum24 Mobility Server from Symbol.
See http://www.symbol.com/products/wireless/mob_server_main.html

This is a very cute Linux ARM server about the size of your hand. It includes
BusyBox Linux and a Compact Flash memory slot and a network port. It is
managed with a web interface. The Mobility Server is designed as a Kerberos
KDC, but we have tested Radiator running on it too. It could be mounted on
the wall next to your wireless AP.

Radiator runs on this device unmodified, including all the 802.1x EAP
authentication support. The perl that comes on the Mobility Server is quite
light, and you need to build and install a number of perl modules that would
normally be considered standard in perl 5.6.1. We cross-compiled openssl,
Digest-MD5, Digest-SHA1 and Digest-HMAC, Socket.pm and a few others on RH7.3
using the GCC Linux-ARM cross compiler.

We can provide an image of a runnable CF card (including Radiator, openssl,
extra perl libs etc its 6.5MB) to interested Radiator licensees.

We can also provide some simple web based user management tools that integrate
with the standard Mobility Server web interface.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au