(RADIATOR) multiple copies of radiator running?

Ayotunde Itayemi aitayemi at metrong.com
Tue Mar 25 05:29:27 CST 2003

Hi Hugh,

I have the following line in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local

# Added for High Availability of the DNS server
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle9sw/OraHome1
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN
export ORACLE_HOME NLS_LANG
restartWrapper -mail aitayemi at metrong.com -delay 2 "/usr/bin/radiusd -config_file /etc/radiator/radius.cfg -foreground" &

Now when I check the running processses by using "ps -ef" I get the two lines below:

root      3421  1168  0 11:39 ?        00:00:00 sh -c /usr/bin/radiusd -config_f
root      3422  3421  0 11:39 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/radiusd -

Is it OK? It seems there are two separate copies of radiator running?
Also is there any command to use to restart a radiator instance started by restartWrapper?
For example, when say an Oracle DB goes down, and radiator backs off for some time
and you want to force a radius restart as soon as the database is back up.

Regards,
Tunde I.