(RADIATOR) 802.1X PEAP and WEP-rekey in WLAN

Denis Pavani d.pavani at cineca.it
Fri Mar 21 03:51:27 CST 2003

Hi. On Cisco Aironet 350 you can set wep key rotation on, setting a time
in the vlan setup (or in the general wep setup, if you don't use VLAN).
It should negotiate a new wep key.
I never tried because it seems Xsupplicant for Linux does not support
dynamic key negotiation.
You have to configure autoMPPEkeys (or similar, I don't have the config
files on sight) too.

Regards

Mikko Suomi wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm using Radiator in WLAN to autenticate 802.1X PEAP clients (Windows
> XP) to radius flat user-file database. System works fine, but for
> extra security I would like to change WEP-keys if WLAN user is
> connected for long time. Does anybody know should it be possible to
> rekey WEP-keys with Radiator if a wlan-connection is on for example
> over 10 minutes ?
>
> Idea is that WEP-key that is used to crypt traffic would be changed so
> often that it would not be practical to try to crack it. I remember
> reading from somewhere that this should be supported with LEAP, PEAP
> and TTLS ?
> Wlan AP is Cisco Aironet 350 and client card are Cisco Aironet 350
> Pcmcia cards and Nokia D211 cards.
>
> Thanks for all replys in advance
>
> Mikko Suomi

Denis Pavani

CINECA    -    Comunicazioni e Sistemi Distribuiti
NOC - Network Operation Center

phone:+39 0516171953 / fax:+39 0516132198
http://www.cineca.it
 "Siamo pagati per adattarci, improvvisare e raggiungere lo scopo"
  -- Gunny Highway

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au