(RADIATOR) How to differentiate PEAP-EAP-CHAPV2 and EAP-TTLS radius packets

Kawakubo, Ken kkawakub at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 20 13:24:49 CST 2003

Hi Hugh,

I have tried using "AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept" but it does not seem
to work as expected. I attatched the following.

1) config file without secrets
2) trace 4 file called ttls_hangs.txt that shows that instead of executing
"AuthBy CheckFILEthenPAM" Radiator moves on to "AuthBy ForwardToIAS" and
results in hanging, when received eap-ttls authentication request.
3) trace 4 file called ttls_pam_success.txt that shows eap-ttls successful
authentication when "AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept" and "AuthBy
ForwardToIAS" are commented out.

Also, the strange thing is that when I use "AuthByPolicy
ContinueUntilAccept" peap-mschapv2 authentication also fails. It just keep
on sending proxy packets without any authentication. Again, if I comment out
"AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept" and "AuthBy CheckFILEthenPAM" then it
succeeds.

I am wondering if the failure of "AuthByPolicy" may have something to do
with the hander "Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1" using the actual pam
authentication "AuthBy CheckPAM-EAP-TTLS" which is not part of
"AuthByPolicy".

Regards,

Ken Kawakubo