Radiator dying

hill at cinergycom.com hill at cinergycom.com
Mon Mar 17 11:57:01 CST 2003

We have recently started running one of our radius servers on Linux Redhat
2.4.9-34smp using perl v5.6.1 built for i686-linux-perlio.  Since we have
made the move we are having trouble with the authentication daemon dying
unexpectedly.  We run separate accounting and authentication servers, and
the accounting server never dies.  We also have radiator running under
Solaris and both the accounting and authentication servers run flawlessly
under that platform.  We have tried both radiator v2.19 & v3.5

We have tried running on two different redhat servers the issue happens on
both.  I have set the trace level to 5 and looked through the logs but
there is nothing noteworthy, the daemon appears to die at seemingly random
places.  I would have included the traces, but I deleted them before I
considered writing the list.  Also, the problem is sporadic it sometimes
dies multiple times a day, and it sometimes goes for 5 days without dying.

I started logging with strace yesterday morning

  strace -ff -tt -s 256 -o <filename> -p <pid>

to see if I could learn anything from it.  While I'm waiting for the next
occurrence, I thought I would check the list to see if anyone had run
across something similar.

Please CC my email address if you reply to this message.

  Thanks,

   --Jamie

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au