(RADIATOR) Odyssey client and Radiator

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Mar 12 23:05:21 CST 2003

Hi Steve and all,

Steve reported an issue with Funk Odyssey EAP-TTLS. The issue is that by
default the Access Point sends accounting requests with a User-Name of
'anonymous', rather than the real user name (ie the name that was
authenticated in the inner TTLS authentication for the connection).

Its probably undestandable that the client and AP work this way: it protects
the real user name from sniffing. However, it makes it hard to do real
accounting for a users wireless usage.

We have now uploaded an example Radiator hook file that caches the real user
name in a SQL table after authentication, and then does a lookaside during
accounting, replacing 'anonymous' with the real user name. Therefore your
accounting detail files or SQL will reflect the correct user name.

The patch is in the Radiator 3.5 patches area
There are 3 files:

- eap_anon_hook.pl The hook code that is used as both a PreProcessingHook and
as a PostAuthHook.
- eap_ttls.cfg modified version of eap_ttls.cfg that shows how to use the hook
- mysqlCreate.sql contains an example table suitable for use with mysql.

Tested with Odyssey TTLS and Cisco 340 APs.

Feedback etc direct to me please.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au