(RADIATOR) How to restrict the Dial Up on Bandwith.

Toomas Kärner tomkar at estpak.ee
Wed Jun 25 03:27:54 CDT 2003

Hi,

I have successfully built and tested sord of portal for users where they can
SET their desired bandwith for desired ammount of time and it applies to
whole connection (not just to certain direction) with RedBack SMS. It uses
SNMP set to initialize user "reauthentication" and then SMS applies new
parameters "on flight" without droping any sessions. Juniper ERX family is
capable of doing such things even based on access-lists (you can just order
2Mbps to sertain site) but it uses COPS/LDAP and so on and is much more
harder to set up. I haven't spent much time with it also. This is how we
will address users problem to spend extra money and get more.
Anyway .. not more a radiator list issue ...

Rgds.
Toomas Kärner