(RADIATOR) Store RADIUS attributes in LDAP?

Ingvar Bjarnason ingvarbj at centrum.is
Tue Jun 24 12:03:02 CDT 2003

Hi Matt,

    We are storing user information in LDAP.   Below is the authby clause we
use.   To add radius attributes to the ldap entry for the user you simply
need to have them in the entry for the user ( same level in our case ).
We retrieve static ip addresses for example using the AuthAttrDef.   If
there is a match for the entry StaticIPaddress on the user a reply-item of
Framed-IP-Address is returned.   If not, nothing is returned and the reply
item does not get added.   You can do the same for any radius attribute.
AuthAttrDef takes care of mapping together radius attributes and
corresponding attributes in LDAP.

    Hope this helps,

                        Ingvar

<AuthBy LDAP2>
                Identifier CheckLDAP
                NoDefault
                DefaultSimultaneousUse 1
                Host ldaphost.your.network
                Port 389
                HoldServerConnection
                Timeout 2
                FailureBackoffTime 300
                Scope one
                AuthDN cn=Manager,cn=ldaphost
                AuthPassword ldappassword
                BaseDN cn=People,cn=domain1,cn=Virtual Domains,cn=ldaphost
                UsernameAttr uid
                PasswordAttr clearTextPassword
                SearchFilter
(&(serviceStatus=Active)(%0=%w)(|(IPConnectionType=ISDNPLUS)(IPConnectionTyp
e=ADSL)))
                AuthAttrDef StaticIPaddress,Framed-IP-Address,reply
                AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                  Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255, \
                  Framed-Routing = None, \
                  Service-Type = Framed-User, \
                  Framed-MTU = 1500, \
                  Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
 </AuthBy>

Ingvar Bjarnason
Engineer/Data division
Iceland Telecom