(RADIATOR) Wireless Access Points that can do Radius Accounting

Bret Jordan bret.jordan at utah.edu
Fri Jun 20 10:37:10 CDT 2003

Did you not get my email from last night?  We are using it and it works
great..  Here is my email from last night...

Proxim AP 2000 / Avaya AP3 (same AP)
802.11a and 802.11b cards in the radio
Radiator 3.6
Meetinghouse 2.0.5 802.1x client
EAP-TTLS with phase 2 authentication being PAP. (We allow and support
EAP-TLS as well, and one group is also doing EAP-PEAP too)

On the AP you need to make sure you actually get the accounting turned
on..  You need to jump in circles and hold your finger on your nose
before it will work. :))  j/k   Basically turn on everything in the
radacctbl, reboot the ap, and then turn on accounting, and then reboot
the AP again.

We have detailed docs on setting up the Avaya AP3/Proxim AP 2000 at
http://utahgeeks.sourceforge.net/.
If you need any more help just let me know.

Bret

Bon sy wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>	I asked this before but so far have no luck. Did anyone in the
>list manage to get accounting to work properly in Orinoco/Proxim
>AP-2000/2500 under EAP authentication mode? We have problems on the
>accounting "start" request. Radiator either ignores it or never receives
>it. "Alive" and "Stop" status were received at the radius end properly.
>
>	I will also appreciate if anyone using Proxim 600 can post
>their experience related to the above issue as well.
>
>	Thanks in advance for whoever may care to answer.
>
>Bon
>

>===
>Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
>Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
>'unsubscribe radiator' in the body of the message.

Bret Jordan                       Dean's Office
Computer Administrator   College of Engineering
801.585.3765                 University of Utah
            jordan at coe.utah.edu

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au