(RADIATOR) rewrite NAS-Port-type?

Robert Blayzor noc at inoc.net
Wed Jun 18 07:55:38 CDT 2003

On 6/17/03 12:29 PM, "Craig Gittens" <cgittens at sunbeach.net> wrote:

> I am trying to implement a VPN solution using linux pppd and it is sending
> the port type as Async. The problem is I don't want dialup customers able to
> use this service as well. I was wondering if you could rewqrite NAS port
> type before authentication in the CLIENT?

Try something like this:

<Client x.x.x.x>
        Identifier              VPN-Client
        Secret                  foobar
        PreHandlerHook          file:"vpn-port-rewrite.pl"
</Client>

Then in "vpn-port-rewrite.pl" do this:

sub {
    ${$_[0]}->delete_attr('NAS-Port-Type');
    ${$_[0]}->add_attr('NAS-Port-Type', 'VPN');
}

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net
PGP: http://www.inoc.net/~dev/
Key fingerprint = A445 7D1E 3D4F A4EF 6875  21BB 1BAA 10FE 5748 CFE9

Design: The activity of preparing for a design review.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au