(RADIATOR) multiple radius process

Jeremy Hinton jgh at visi.net
Mon Jun 9 09:15:16 CDT 2003

         When i played around with this setup, and i needed to run a few
instances with identical configs but on different IPs, i found using a
GlobalVar to be very useful. set the IP or port in each radius by passing
it via a GlobalVar on the command line, then you can use it to set various
items that can't be shared between instances, like PidFile and Logs. I'm
not doing it that way anymore, but i think it went something like this:

/usr/local/sbin/radius IpAddress=10.1.1.2

config file:
BindAddress     %{GlobalVar:IpAddress}
PidFile /var/run/radius.%{GlobalVar:IpAddress}
LogFile /var/log/radius/logfile.%{GlobalVar:IpAddress}

and so on.

- jeremy

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au