(RADIATOR) IP assignment by RADIATOR / delay between IP reuse

Ingvar Bjarnason ingvarbj at centrum.is
Fri Jun 6 09:39:38 CDT 2003

Hi Rainer,

    We have a similar scheme here that so far has been working well for us.
Our strategy is simply to always use the ip from the pool that has been
unused for the longest period.   That way you dont run into the potential
problem of "running out" of IP numbers if you have a high rotation rate in
your pool and a large number of your addresses are still held up while
technically being free for reuse.   But if the requirement for the 10
minutes is strict your way is probably better.

To do what we are doing requires a slight modification of the find query as
follows :

FindQuery   select TIME_STAMP, YIADDR, SUBNETMASK, DNSSERVER from RADPOOL
where POOL='%0' and STATE=0 order by TIME_STAMP LIMIT 1

Basically add the "order by TIME_STAMP" to the query.

    Best regards,
                                Ingvar

------
Ingvar Bjarnason