(RADIATOR) RADIATOR

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Jul 16 21:47:07 CDT 2003

Hello Karen -

My apologies, but I don't quite understand your question.

The Radiator dictionary file contains the radius protocol attribute
definitions, together with a number of vendor specific attribute
definitions and the enumerated values for those attributes that use
them.

There are a number of Cisco vendor specifics defined in the dictionary
already, which you can check simply by editing the dictionary file with
your favourite text editor (the file is called "dictionary" in the main
Radiator directory). The dictionary is used to encode/decode radius
packets at the network layer - the packet is decoded when it is
received by Radiator (radiusd) and the reply packet is encoded just
before it is sent back to the radius client.

In addition, there are a number of Radiator "internal" attributes that
are used internally by the server which you will find near the end of
the Radiator 3.6 dictionary file after the OSC (9048) section. Note
however that these pseudo-attributes are never used on the wire.

Could you give me a bit more detail on what you want to do?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au