(RADIATOR) Openldap - Network sockets

Radiator radiator at swiftel.com.au
Mon Jul 14 22:54:16 CDT 2003

I am currently having a problem with Radiator 3.6 and Openldap (2.0.23)
where the number of network sockets are exhausted and the LDAP server
stops responding with a too many open files error.

It looks to me as if the ServerChecksPassword is not set the session is
left open (holdserverconnectio is not compatible with openldap it seems)
so there are a number of ESTABLISHED sessions (netstat) that are never
closed. Could this be a radiator bug ? No unbind ?

With the ServerChecksPassword option set, operation is as expected, the
sessions are all created individually and closed within appropriate
session timeouts.

Here is my testing config:

<AuthBy LDAP2>
    Identifier	ldap_auth
    Host hostname
#   ServerChecksPassword
    Version	3
    UseTLS
    SSLVerify	none
    SSLCAFile
    BaseDN	basedn
    Scope	sub
    UsernameAttr    uid
    PasswordAttr    userPassword
    Debug 255
    NoDefault
</AuthBy>

There is probably a timeout feature in openldap but I'm sure Radiator
should be doing a proper unbind and therefore closing the session.

Any ideas? Experiences ?

Regards,

Nathan Alberti
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au