(RADIATOR) Use of Oracle in PostAuthHook?

Frank Danielson fdanielson at csky.com
Wed Jul 9 12:31:54 CDT 2003

I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the database but you should
really look into using an AuthBy SQL cascaded after your AuthBy LDAP. The
folks at Open Systems have done a great job in the module addressing the
issues you have raised and it doesn't seem to make sense trying to rewrite
it all.

You can reuse an existing database connection from an AuthBy SQL and the
associated database access methods in your own hook if you want to and that
will also deal with most of the issues you have listed. Search the mailing
list archives on this topic and you will find some examples. I found this
one from Hugh particularly enlightening:
http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2000-06/msg00023.html

As far as performance the limiting factor is usually the response time of
your database queries and not Radiator itself. You can always run multiple
instances of Radiator to spread the load and improve response time.

Why not post your config file with a more detailed explanation of what you
are trying to accomplish? A number of folks on the list are authenticating
with LDAP/SQL combinations. You can also search the mailing list archives
for examples of what others have done.

Frank Danielson
[Infrastructure Architect]

voice:407.515.8633