(RADIATOR) Use of Oracle in PostAuthHook?

John McFadden dasjlm at uwo.ca
Wed Jul 9 10:47:05 CDT 2003

We use LDAP to do the basic userid/password authentication but intend to
use one or more Oracle databases
to apply business rules as LDAP is not dynamic enough.

The PostAuthHook gives us a place to do that but I'm not sure if I
should try to do it within Radiator or
via an external program call.

I'm a bit nervious about the Radiator/Perl SQL overhead.

Does the PostAuthHook require a new connection for each request or for
each session or each user?
Or can I open the connection in a StartupHook (global var) then just
share it in the PostAuthHook to do the required SQL query.
Since we're just doing queries I'm hoping to share one connection to
minimize overhead.   Any issues with concurrency if we do?

How do I detect the database is down and attempt to allocate a new
connection?

Comments, suggestions?

Regards JLM

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au