(RADIATOR) Dual Radiator Setup

Tony Bunce tonyb at go-concepts.com
Mon Jul 7 10:13:11 CDT 2003

Hello,

            I am playing with the idea of running 2 instances of
radiator on the same server, one for authentication, one for accounting.
This should increase performance as the server will be able to accept
both an accounting request and an auth request at the same time.  My
idea is to have 3 configuration files, called main.cfg, auth.cfg,
acct.cfg. main.cgi will have my current config with handlers etc.  Then
auth.cfg would look something like this:

AcctPort

Include %D/main.cfg

Same for acct.cfg, but with AuthPort

Will this work?  Any reason not to run two instances of radiator?  We
use sql for our session database, so that shouldn't cause a problem.

Thanks,

Tony B, CCNA, Network+

Systems Administration

GO Concepts, Inc. / www.go-concepts.com

Are you on the GO yet?

What about those you know, are they on the GO?

513.934.2800

1.888.ON.GO.YET