(RADIATOR) security question with separate account running radiator

Foo Donald (Products O2) Donald.Foo at O2.com
Thu Jul 3 03:47:20 CDT 2003

Hi there,
I have some question about the security in radiator.

1. I want to to use a separate account to run radiato, this is what I'd
done.
  a. create a new account call "radadmin"
  b. change the radiator home directory (chown -R radadmin /radiator) and
log file (chown -R radadmin /var/log/radiator) owner to radadmin
  c. start the radiator.
The Radiator looks ok when running with the new account. Anyone has the
experience with this or met any problem before?

2. The only problem is the SNMP Agent not up when I start, as I remember the
SNMP agent file was installed with root, Any idea on this?

Error:
  creating socket: Permission denied
 at Radius/SNMPAgent.pm line 518
Thu Jul  3 16:30:50 2003: ERR: Could not open SNMP Agent port 161 on
0.0.0.0:

Regards,
Donald
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au