(RADIATOR) hooks and ldap

gshumway at cityextreme.com gshumway at cityextreme.com
Tue Jul 1 19:33:58 CDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to send back to our NAS a different
Framed-IP-Address based on the contents of an LDAP attribute.

EG.

A user has an entry in ldap that contains everything required
to auth and get an IP addres etc etc along with an
accountstatus field. What i'm trying to do is write a hook
that will check the accountstatus field of each user as they
auth and then, if it finds that it is set to 0 (disabled) it
would strip the users current Framed-IP-Address and assign
them a different one.

I can strip and re-assign addresses reasonably well but i have
difficulties deciding how best to get the attribute out of LDAP.

ANy help would be appreciated.

Gordon.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au