(RADIATOR) How to detect used AuthBy while processing Accounting

Oscar L. Garzón ogarzon at andinet.com
Thu Jan 30 11:07:34 CST 2003

Hello,

I need to authenticate users from different databases without using a realm,
or anything else that could differenciate when a user exists in two
databases... So I use three AuthBy sentences for authentication expecting
that a user will authenticate if his pair username/password matches one of
the databases (the first one taht matches).

This works Ok for authentication, and users with the same username can login
no matter what database are coming from, however, I need a similar behavior
for accounting processing, I mean, if user was authenticated using
identifier auth2, its accounting records must go to acct2, but it doesn't
work that fine, It seems like accounting handler can`t differenciate what
authentication mehtod was used to authenticate, son depending on the
authpolicy used in the accounting handlers, it will store record in the
first database or in they all, and that's pretty far from what I want...

Any idea?

This is the escenario

 # Authentications
<AuthBy SQL>
    Identifier auth1
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy SQL>
    Identifier auth2
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy SQL>
    Identifier auth3
</AuthBy>

# Accounting
<AuthBy SQL>
    Identifier acct1
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy SQL>
    Identifier acct2
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy SQL>
    Identifier acct3
</AuthBy>

# Handlers
<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>
    AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
    AuthBy acct1
    AuthBy acct2
    AuthBy acct3
</Handler>

<Handler>
    AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
    AuthBy auth1
    AuthBy auth2
    AuthBy auth3
</Handler>

-

OSCAR LEONARDO GARZON. [ ogarzon at andinet.com ]
Andinet on Line - División de Proyectos Especiales
Tel. +57(1)6004330. Fax. +57(1)6004370
http://www.andinet.com.
Bogotá, Colombia