(RADIATOR) IPv6 in radius-protocol, attributes, radiator ?

Wim Biemolt Wim.Biemolt at surfnet.nl
Sun Jan 26 09:40:58 CST 2003

See RFC 3162 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3162.txt)

> Who knows about issues in the radius protocol itself ?
> Any special attributes required/missing ?
>
> What about radiator itself and v6 support ?

The attributes mentioned in RFC 3162 seem to be all available
in the dictonary provided with radiator.

# From RFC 3162, RADIUS and IPv6: some should be IPV6 addresses

ATTRIBUTE       NAS-IPv6-Address                95      binary
ATTRIBUTE       Framed-Interface-Id             96      string
ATTRIBUTE       Framed-IPv6-Prefix              97      string
ATTRIBUTE       Login-IPv6-Host                 98      binary
ATTRIBUTE       Framed-IPv6-Route               99      string
ATTRIBUTE       Framed-IPv6-Pool                100     string

Making radiator to listen to IPv6 is probably more a perl issue.
As far as I know perl doesn't support IPv6 out of the box.

> As a start, which NASes do support v6 ?

I do use ssh over IPv6 to access our NASes. But that is probably
not what you mean.

Cheers,

-Wim -/- SURFnet
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au