(RADIATOR) radpwtest issue.

Charles Alexander McCain mccain at unixatlas.com
Wed Jan 22 10:22:02 CST 2003

I came across a problem with radpwtest and I am unable to find any sort of
documentation on this.

When running radpwtest to see if I could authenticate with the server , I
noticed that the password could be more than 8 characters and chop off
after the eighth.

Example :
radpwtest -secret letMEin -user billybobray -password qwertyuiop

would authenticate as well as

radpwtest -secret letMEin -user billybobray -password qwertyui

Also, I am able to add random characters after the 8th and have it still
authenticate like so:

radpwtest -secret letMEin -user billybobray -password
qwertyuiop43354252ef4tfwrft3grg45yeghdg4

Where did I go wrong, and why is this happening ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Al McCain

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au