(RADIATOR) AuthByPolicy Question: ContinueUntilAccept

Jon Lindbo jlindbo at netwk-innov.net
Mon Jan 20 16:47:44 CST 2003

Hi,
         I am having a little bit of trouble with some complex AuthBy
handling I am doing.  I have customers in various states of conversion to
some new dialup settings and I am having to jump through 15 different hoops
when authenticating them.  The problem I am having is when I set my
AuthByPolicy to ContinueUntilAccept, I have no way of sending a REJECT to
the NAS if none of the AuthBy clauses ACCEPT the user.  Is there a way to
send a reject if the request was not accepted that I am not thinking of?

Below is a trimmed copy of the config.

Thanks
Jonathon Lindbo

<AuthBy SQL>
         Identifier      niiVispAuthClear

         DBSource        dbi:mysql:service:x.x.x.x
         DBUsername      xxxxxx
         DBAuth          xxxxxx

         AuthSelect      select
clear_pass,`Simultaneous-Use`,service_number,`Session-Timeout`,`Idle-Timeout` \
                         from dial_auth \
                         where `User-Name`='%n' and network='%{network}'

         AuthColumnDef   0,User-Password,check
         AuthColumnDef   1,Simultaneous-Use,check
         AuthColumnDef   2,Class,reply
         AuthColumnDef   3,Session-Timeout,reply
         AuthColumnDef   4,Idle-Timeout,reply
         NoDefault
# Don't try select for DEFAULT

         IgnoreAccounting

         AddToReply      Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward tcp est",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward dstip
63.240.133.32/28",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in drop tcp dstport = 25",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward 0",\
                         Service-Type = Framed-User,\
                         Framed-Protocol = PPP
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy SQL>
         Identifier      niiVispAuthCrypt

         DBSource        dbi:mysql:service:x.x.x.x
         DBUsername      xxxxxx
         DBAuth          xxxxxx

         AuthSelect      select
encr_pass,`Simultaneous-Use`,service_number,`Session-Timeout`,`Idle-Timeout` \
                         from dial_auth \
                         where `User-Name`='%n' and network='%{network}'

         AuthColumnDef   0,Encrypted-Password,check
         AuthColumnDef   1,Simultaneous-Use,check
         AuthColumnDef   2,Class,reply
         AuthColumnDef   3,Session-Timeout,reply
         AuthColumnDef   4,Idle-Timeout,reply
         NoDefault
# Don't try select for DEFAULT

         IgnoreAccounting

         AddToReply      Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward tcp est",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward dstip
63.240.133.32/28",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in drop tcp dstport = 25",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward 0",\
                         Service-Type = Framed-User,\
                         Framed-Protocol = PPP
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy SQL>
         Identifier      niiInternalAuthClear

         DBSource        dbi:mysql:service:x.x.x.x
         DBUsername      xxxxx
         DBAuth          xxxxx

         AuthSelect      select
clear_pass,`Simultaneous-Use`,service_number,`Session-Timeout`,`Idle-Timeout` \
                         from dial_auth \
                         where `User-Name`='%n'

         AuthColumnDef   0,User-Password,check
         AuthColumnDef   1,Simultaneous-Use,check
         AuthColumnDef   2,Class,reply
         AuthColumnDef   3,Session-Timeout,reply
         AuthColumnDef   4,Idle-Timeout,reply
         NoDefault                                                # Don't
try select for DEFAULT

         IgnoreAccounting

         AddToReply      Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward tcp est",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward dstip
63.240.133.32/28",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in drop tcp dstport = 25",\
                         Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward 0",\
                         Service-Type = Framed-User,\
                         Framed-Protocol = PPP
</AuthBy>

..... Just more of the same, I am going to cut to the handlers

<Handler network = internal>
         PasswordLogFileName %L/internal.password.log
         AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept

         AuthBy  niiInternalAuthCrypt
         AuthBy  niiInternalAuthClear
         AuthBy  niiSystemAuthCrypt