(RADIATOR) How to Parse <Handler> before <Realm>

Marc marc at egwn.net
Fri Jan 10 08:48:42 CST 2003

Hi to everybody,

Does anybody can give me some advice on why all requests that should be
rejected (the ones with User-Password attribute set to ascend) are granted
instead ?

The scenario is the following :

The bottom of my radius.cfg file looks like :

<Handler User-Password=ascend>

        <AuthBy INTERNAL>
                DefaultResult   REJECT
        </AuthBy>

</Handler>

<Realm DEFAULT>
        # Lets check everything and log to SQL
        AuthBy DoChecks

        # Log authentication success and failure
        AuthLog myauthlogger
</Realm>

And there are no more Realm or Handler statements before those.

I've looked into radiator documentation and it says :

    * Look for a Realm with an exact match on the realm name
    * If still no exact match, look for a matching regular expression
Realm
    * If still no match, look for a <Realm DEFAULT>
    * If still no match, look at each Handler in the order they appear in
the configuration file until one where all the check items match the
request.
    * If still no match, ignore (i.e. do not reply to) the request.

If that's true and I understand it well, how can I do to ALWAYS parse the
hanlder statement before the Realm DEFAULT ?

Thank you very much in advance,
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au