(RADIATOR) NAS subnet problem

Ayotunde Itayemi aitayemi at metrong.com
Thu Jan 9 04:31:57 CST 2003

Hi All, Hi Hugh,

Happy new year.

I seem to be having problems with configuring a NAS on a different subnet from the radius server.
If I put the NAS on the same subnet as radiator, it works fine, but once I put it on another subnet,
it complains that the radius server cannot be located. The NAS is a Windows 2000 server/advanced
server box.

Please find attached my radius.cfg and extract from the radius logfile (trace 4 :-) showing that at least
some packets are reaching the radius server. The ip address of the NAS box when it is not working is
80.247.159.98. When it is working the ip address is 80.247.140.51

I have some other boxes on different subnets (from the radius server) authenticating users against
the same radius server but these NASes are patton RAS boxes.

I have re-installed the Windows box many times but still no luck.

Regards,
Tunde Itayemi.