(RADIATOR) Limiting with port number

petri.maenpaa at satakunnanpuhelin.fi petri.maenpaa at satakunnanpuhelin.fi
Thu Feb 27 05:43:44 CST 2003

Hi,

We have DSL system that uses Radiator to authenticate users. Users
give their credentials through a web login page. We limit sessions
with to 5 with MaxSessions. This works fine, but now I need to come
up with a way to limit access to 5 sessions via one specific NAS-port.

Problem is, that although the sessions are limited, users can share
their credentials to get more bandwidth cheaper. (Bandwidth is tied
to username).

For instance, I've got a user A that has logged in twice from
port 554107060, which is alright because it's one specific DSL-line.
Then I've got another user whose logged in from ports 553910634 and
554041761, which means that he's logged in from two separate DSL lines.
Although sharing credentials is forbidden, I'd like to fix this
technically rather than e.g. closing accounts.

I use SessionDatabase SQL which has NAS-Port column to use.

AuthBy PORTLIMITCHECK is kinda what I need, I think?

Thanks in advance,

Petri Mäenpää
System Engineer
Satakunnan Puhelin Oy