(RADIATOR) Radius Stalls

Dan V danv at etginc.com
Mon Feb 24 15:09:14 CST 2003

We are running radius on a separate box than our sql db.

I'm having a weird problem with radiator when i restart radiusd for conf file
changes. It starts up and appears to be taking requests but i get ALOT of
server time-outs doing local tests and end users also have a problem getting
authenticated. When doing local tests it authenticates every say 10th-15th
request.

OK...now the real weird thing..I can stop and start the radiusd continusily
say 100 times and 'voila' radiator starts taking requests again beautifully
and the way it's suppose too.

The radiator server and the sql server are robust machines showing little
load.

What would cause this?
Why would it work after stop/starting it numerous times?

Dan

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au