(RADIATOR) Authenticating PPTP users against Netscape LDAP.

John McFadden dasjlm at uwo.ca
Mon Feb 24 10:46:24 CST 2003

We are testing Radiator and are hoping to get
around a PPTP/LDAP issue.  I'm hoping someone can
give us a little help.

Our LDAP server users crypt passwords.  The unix gurus don't want to
support alternate passwords.

I realize PPTP uses MS-CHAP which fail if directly used against crypt
passwords.

I was hoping Radiator was smart enought to detect and handle the
password hash differences and handle but
I assume that's a stretch.

Is is possible to use some kind of preauthenticate function to handle
this requirement?

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance
John McFadden