(RADIATOR) Variable Passing in Config Files

Jay Pike jay.pike at corecomm.com
Tue Feb 18 14:18:36 CST 2003

Hello All,

	I have what I hope is a simple question.  Is there a way to
pass variables around in the config file?

	I've RTFM'd and found variables for use in filenames, date
formatting, etc, but, what I'm looking to do is twofold:

	a) Have two configs: one that is used globally across all
authentication servers and the other one which holds specific
information about that local server.

	b) Pass variables from within an <Handler ...> statement to SQL
select statmenets within the <AuthBy ...> statements.

Part A
------

	Currently, I'm doing this using the include syntax, but, I
either have to do multiple includes, or I have to include large chunks
of the config file in the local config file.

	Things that I'm changing on a host-per-host config file level:

	- AuthPort
	- AcctPort
	- BindAddress
	- DBSource
	- <Monitor> - 'Clients' line

	Rather than have to specify these as specific per host, I would
like to be able to specify these values as variables in the radius.cfg
and just include their actual values in a local file, say,
radius-local.cfg.

Part B
------

	I currently have about 20 or 30 <AuthBy ...> clauses in each
config file, but, in each of these, only one thing changes.  It would be
much easier if I could use a variable in the AuthSelect lines.  The
variable could then be set from within the <Handler ...> clause.

	IE:

<Handler Realm=/^(abc.com|def.com|hij.com)$/, CHAP-Password=/.+/,
Client-Identifier=Blah >
	%variable1 = 'chapblah';
</Handler>

<AuthBy thishandler>
	AuthSelect select ENCRYPTPEDPASSOWRD, REALM from SUBSCRIBERS
	  where (USERNAME = '%U' and REALM = '%R' and ALLOW = '%variable1'
</AuthBy>

Note: Writing this email, I just realized that I might be able to do
this using the '%{Client:Identifier}' or '{Client:Name}' values in the
check.

Thoughts?

jp

|       James J. Pike Jr.         Phone: 888.747.4638                  |
|       Systems Engineer          Direct Phone: 517-664-8610           |
|       CoreComm Inc.             Http: http://www.core.com/           |
|                EMail: jay.pike at corecomm.com                          |
|         PGPKey: http://my.voyager.net/jaypike/pgpkey.txt             |
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au