(RADIATOR) PEAP, MS-CHAPv2 and LDAP

Ingvar Berg (LI/EAB) ingvar.berg at ericsson.com
Mon Dec 22 05:31:39 CST 2003

CHAP requires the radius server to have access to the password in plain text, so MD5 or any other hash is ruled out.
The simple solution is to store the password in plaintext, the more complicated is to store it 2way-encrypted and patch Radiator to decrypt the retrieved password before using it. But you'll have to solve the problem of changing the encryption key.

/Ingvar

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au