(RADIATOR) Issue with inserting radius accounting into database

Matt Simmons matts at wirefire.com
Fri Dec 12 13:36:10 CST 2003

Hello all,
I'm having what may be a quite easily fixed problem, but if it is, I am
missing something, I think. I am running Radiator on a Slackware Linux
machine, connecting to a Windows 2000 server with Microsoft SQL 2000, and the
database is a Platypus database. When I run Radiator then test it, with

! ~$ radpwtst -user testuser -password foo

It authenticates perfectly well. The only issue is that the Radius server
gives the following message during the process:

DBD::ODBC::db do failed: [unixODBC][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Line 2: Incorrect syntax near ')'. (SQL-42000)(DBD: Execute immediate
failed err=-1) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Radius/SqlDb.pm line 219.
Fri Dec 12 14:18:25 2003: ERR: do failed for 'insert into radiusdat
            (username, callstart, callend, sessid , )
            values ('testuser', 'Dec 12, 2003 14:01', 'Dec 12, 2003 14:18',
                    '00001234' , )': [unixODBC][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server]Line 2: Incorrect syntax near ')'. (SQL-42000)(DBD:
Execute immediate failed err=-1)

I'm not a Perl hacker, barely a perl programmer, but it looks like it's
expecting more arguements than it's getting.

insert into radiusdat (username, callstart, callend, sessid , )

looks like it needs something else. Looking at the code,

219:$rc = $Radius::SqlDb::handles{$self->{dbname}}->do
220:                         ($q, @bind_values);

Without delving for days into code, can any one point me in the right
direction as to where the problem might lie? Code / Configuration / User
;-)
Thanks everybody!

--Matt

P.S. If you don't recieve a reply to a reply right away, I'm going for holiday
overseas, and I can't promise I'll have a workable net connection. Thanks!

--
Matt Simmons

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au