(RADIATOR) Resolved problem tracking actual userid and macs address with EAP.

John McFadden dasjlm at uwo.ca
Thu Aug 21 09:56:43 CDT 2003

There may be better ways but the good news is I did get around my
authenication sql logging issue.

I was able to get around the mac to userid tracking problem by adding
temp attributes to the reply in the inner authentication then
using them in the outer authentication to do the acutal logging.

ie:
The inner authentication (posauth code) sets an action attribute to tell
the outer authenication to put out a log, plus a couple of attributes to
populate the log.

The outer authentication (postauth code) checks the action attribute and
if set to log gets the other attributes and does the sql insert.
In either case it deletes the temp attributes.

Therefore the final pass through the outer authentication which has the
mac can do the log with all the required attributes.

Regards
John McFadden

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au