(RADIATOR) Ownership of logfiles

Andrew Stevenson andrews at ntt.net.au
Wed Aug 13 04:04:34 CDT 2003

Hi,

I am having a problem with the ownership of radiator log files. I think
what's going on is this:

1) I start radiator as root.
2) radiator creates a new logfile, owned by root, permissions set to 644.
3) radiator closes this log file.
4) radiator setuid and setgids according to the User and Group directives
in my config file.
5) radiator tries to open the file for writing and gets permission denied.

The net effect is I get written to the log file Wed Aug 13 18:57:05 2003:
DEBUG: Finished reading configuration file '/blah/config.cfg'

and on stderr lines like:

Could not append 'Wed Aug 13 18:57:05 2003: DEBUG: Reading dictionary file
'/usr/local/etc/radiator/raddb/dictionary'' to log file
'/var/log/blah/logfile-20030813': Permission denied at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Radius/LogFILE.pm line 74.

Is my guessing correct? Is this a configuration problem or just a bug? I
can work around it by creating the log file before running radiator for
the first time (and later log file creation happens after setuid).

Thanks,

Andrew
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au