(RADIATOR) Checking results of a AuthSQLStatment

John McFadden dasjlm at uwo.ca
Thu Aug 7 14:57:14 CDT 2003

I'm trying to take advantage of the AuthSQL feature.

At this point I'm just trying to make sure my AuthSQLStatement is
working correctly before I try to use it.

Here is the AuthBy SQL I was hoping this would populate TEST with the
value of the USERID column.

<AuthBy SQL>
# Change to suit your system:
    No Authorization
    DBSource dbi:Oracle:raprd
     DBUsername    xxxxxx
     DBAuth            yyyyyy
    # This next one stops it doing auths from SQL:
    AuthSelect
    # Define a field for column
    AuthColumnDef 0,TEST,request
    # Define the select
    AuthSQLStatement select USERID from USERS where USER_ID=4
 </AuthBy>

But when I get and display the value in a PostAuthHook and log TEST it
shows up as a blank.

PostAuthHook sub {\
        &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, "Entering postauth");\
         my $request = ${$_[0]};\
         my $reply = ${$_[1]};\
         my $result = ${$_[2]};\
         my $TEST = $request->get_attr('TEST');\
         &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, $TEST);\
         &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, "Exiting postauth");\
         }

I assume I'm just missing something basic.

Any hints would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance
John McFadden

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au