(RADIATOR) Subdomain problem

Dan Vande More dvm at firstlink.com
Sat Aug 2 16:53:42 CDT 2003

Greetings!

I seem to to be having a problem with authenticating certain types of usernames using radiator and authby sql.
I finished the upgrade to 3.6 without a hitch, and I am trying to move away from the flat file and towards sql.

I've attempted a switch on a certain test segment, and here are my results, as well as other data.

I give the test client a login name of joe at service.mydomain.com (service could be dsl, isdn, etc)

Under Authby file, it works great:

dvm at dsl.mydomain.com User-Password = "password"
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-IP-Address =  255.255.255.254,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

I then imported everything to a sql database (mysql):

INSERT INTO SUBSCRIBERS (USERNAME, PASSWORD, ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD, CHECKATTR, REPLYATTR, TIMELEFT) VALUES("dvm at dsl.mydomain.com", "password", NULL, "Service-Type=Framed-User", "Framed-Protocol=PPP,Framed-IP-Address=255.255.255.254,Framed-IP-Netmask=255.255.255.255,Framed-Routing=None,Framed-MTU=1500,Framed-Compression=Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP", "9999999");

And I get the request, by my logfile shows:

Fri Aug  1 00:09:33 2003: INFO: Access rejected for dsl.mydomain.com at mydefaultrealm.com

So is it because I am using subdomains?
Why is it appending @mydefaultrealm.com?
Radiator works fine for everything else, as long as I don't use subdomains.

Any suggestions?
Of course, I am expecting "don't use subdomains" as a response from a few of the creative people.

Thanks!

Dan Vande More

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au