(RADIATOR) radpwtst does not authenticate

Alan Murrell alan at zoolink.net
Fri Aug 1 14:48:40 CDT 2003

Hello,

  Mandrake 9.1
  Radiator 2.18
  iODBC 3.06
  FreeTDS 0.53 (using version 4.2 "emulation")
  DBD-ODBC 1.05
  Connection to MSSQL database (Platypus)

I am setting up a secondary RADIUS server, just in case our primary ones goes kaput (plus, the current RADIUS server is due for a *major* upgrade!)

I insatlled the above, and since the current RADIUS server is running Radiator 2.18, I just copied over the configs, dictionary files, and '/etc/odbc.ini' file to the new server, so all the configs should be identical.  The current RADIUS server is also using iODBC (albeit a little older), and FreeTDS.

I started Radiator with the following command:

  /usr/local/radiusd -daemon

It started fine.  However, I tried testing with radpwtst.  All I get is:

--- CUT HERE ---
[root at winnie radius]# ./radpwtst
sending Access-Request...
No reply
sending Accounting-Request Start...
No reply
sending Accounting-Request Stop...
No reply
--- CUT HERE ---

Nothing appears in the /var/log/radius log files.  I do not believe the current RADIUS server uses OpenLink.  If need be, I can post some of the configs here.

Thank you, in advance, for any help and insight you are able to offer.

Alan Murrell <alan at zoolink.net>

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au