(RADIATOR) Is there a way for Radiator to only accept PAP

Dan Melomedman dan%dan.dan at devonit.com
Mon Apr 28 10:03:33 CDT 2003

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello John -
>
> How does the NAS decide to fall back to PAP?
>
> You should probably ask the vendor under what circumstances the NAS
> will try PAP and then arrange for Radiator to do whatever is required
> to make that happen.
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> On Saturday, Apr 26, 2003, at 19:13 Australia/Melbourne, John Lubeck
> wrote:
>
> >I need to force the NAS to use PAP when authenticating. The NAS is
> >setup to try CHAP first and then PAP. My users are in a LDAP database
> >that will only accept PAP. Any ideas?

I think it would be easiest to force PAP in the dialer, that is if the
dialer allowed you to do it. I don't think MS dialer will let you
though. I think we tried something like this a while ago. We wrote our
custom dialer (but not for this purpose). We're tired of MS's dialer
incompatibilites across all their OSes.
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au