(RADIATOR) using the class atribute for a special purpose

Ayotunde Itayemi aitayemi at metrong.com
Thu Apr 24 14:52:00 CDT 2003

Hi All, Hi Hugh,

I need a special variable that I can set in a particular group of users (email-only) records in my
user database (an oracle table). Can I use the class atribute?

I was thinking of something along the line of:

Replyattr = ' Framed-Protocol = PPP,Session-Timeout="until Time", Class="Email-Only"'

Then in the Handler section of my radiator config file:

<Handler Class="Email-Only", Called-Station-Id=2001024>
.... do something ...
</Handler>

.... other handlers ...

The idea is to process this group of users specially before the general users who connect to
the same set of NASes. Also I won't set the Class attribute for my other class(es) of users.

Do you think this will work? Do I lose anything by using the class attribute this way? Thanks.

Regards,
Tunde Itayemi.