(RADIATOR) AuthBy SQL Implicite password encryption

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Apr 21 21:40:02 CDT 2003

Hello James,

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:52 am, Hugh Irvine wrote:
> Hello James -
>
> The only way is to prepend "{MD5}" to the strings in the database.
>
> I have copied this mail to Mike as he may have another idea (its a long
> weekend here though, so he won't see this until the middle of next
> week).

There is another way that does not require you to change the database. You can
do the prepend in the SQL query, using your SQL servers string manipulation.

You dont say what SQL server you are using, but with mysql, the SQL query has
to end up looking something like this:

select CONCAT('{MD5}', PASS_WORD), etc etc etc

You can do similar things with most other SQL servers, but with differeing
syntax.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au