(RADIATOR) Redundancy for RADIUS

Surajh Surjoo [ MTN - Innovation Centre ] Surajh.Surjoo at mtn.co.za
Wed Apr 16 02:59:21 CDT 2003

Hi all

We are using Radiator with two Ericsson CGSNs for GPRS.
We allocate IPs from two different ranges using RADIUS and the two CGSN are geograhically separated.
The MySQL DB is configured on the same server as the Radiator radius server.
Problem we have is if one server goes down then no access to GPRS is available to that CGSN.
How can we improve this situation so that when one server goes down then the CGSN will use the other server?
Bear in mind that the IP pools would be different and the routing through FW will not allow them through that server.
What about having one DB supporting both radius servers with all the IP pools and using the NAS identifier to then allocate IP?
Would this work? What about the DB redundancy then?

Has anyone implemented such a scenario? We have some ideas, but would like your views. They might be better and easier ;-)

regards
Surajh Surjoo
Systems Engineer - Data
Mobile: 0832129829
Mobile Fax: 083 8 2129829
Office Fax: 011 3018811
Office Tel: 011 3016000
surajh.surjoo at mtn.co.za

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au