(RADIATOR) secret key usage in combination with CHAP/PAP

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Apr 11 02:32:19 CDT 2003

Hello Mohamed -

What you describe is correct, according to the Radius RFC's.

It is somewhat confusing I agree.

Have a look at section 2.2 of RFC2865 ("doc/rfc2865.txt").

I have copied this mail to Mike for further comments.

On Friday, Apr 11, 2003, at 17:18 Australia/Melbourne, mohamed wrote:

> Hi
>

> The secret key allows the communication between the client and the
> radius server, this is also mentioned in the manual:
>

> <Client DEFAULT>
>
>     # Configuration parameters for the Client go here

> </Client>

  Hint: The configuration file will usually contain the  shared secrets
that allow your Radius clients to communicate with the Radiator Radius
server.