(RADIATOR) Limiting time before reconnection

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Apr 8 20:59:59 CDT 2003

Depends on your definition of simple.  Since session timeout is a
disconnect cause code, you could have some process or hook watch for stop
records with that cause code, add the usernames to an SQL table along with
a timestamp (NOW()), and then as part of authentication, have this table
checked.  If they're in the table with a NOW()-timestamp <
min_reconnect_time don't authenticate them.  I have no idea how to go
about coding this in radiator config format, but I'll bet it's doable.
Have a cron job run every so often to expire entries from the table to
keep it from growing out of control.

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Nick -
>
> I can't think of an easy way to do this - any one else?
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> On Tuesday, Apr 8, 2003, at 18:05 Australia/Melbourne, Nick M. Black
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a simple way to stop a user who has been disconnected due to a
> > session timeout from being reconnected within a certain time period ???
> > Or even better, to stop abuse, anyone who has been connected for, say,
> > greater than 30 minutes be stopped from reconnecting.
> >
> > We are using Platypus with RadiusNT, and AuthBy EMERALD. I am guessing
> > it can be done using AuthSelect - am I going on the right lines??
> >
> > We are currently using Radiator 2.19 running on Redhat 7.3 with freetds
> > 0.53, but I was thinking of upgrading to Radiator 3.5 as it will also
> > solve another problem I have
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Nick Black
> > ===
> > Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
> > Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
> >

> NB: have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets),

> anywhere. Available on *NIX, *BSD, Windows 95/98/2000, NT, MacOS X.
> -

 Atlantic Net                |

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au