(RADIATOR) Stored procedures

Tim Ballingall tim at mazda.com.au
Thu Apr 3 18:41:58 CST 2003

Hello all,

Can I start by saying how happy I was to come across such a flexible &
powerful product. Easily the most configurable Radius server I've ever
seen..:)

And on that note.... I'm actually evaluating Radiator at the moment. If I
can get it to do as I want I'll be a certain buyer. What I need to do is to
get Radiator running on an 2K Server machine, connecting to a remote Tru64
Unix server running Oracle 8.0.5.1, and using a stored oracle procedure to
authenticate. Sqlnet is installed & operating correctly on the 2K server. My
stored procedure looks like :

		procedure check_password
		(db_user in varchar2,
		db_password in varchar2,
		db_valid_password out number)

After passing three parameters, it will return a value in db_valid_password.
If that value is 1 then the username password match, any other value
indicates a wrong combination.

Now I'm trying to get this to work using the sample plsql.cfg & authplsql.pm
but it's giving me a little grief... My config file looks like :

<snip>
                NoDefault
                DBSource dbi:Oracle:MYMACHINE
                DBUsername      MYUSERNAME
                DBAuth          MYPASSWORD
                # Authentication
                AuthBlock       BEGIN \

security_pkg.check_password('%n','%P',\
                                                :reply_item); \
                                END;
                AuthParamDef    :reply_item,    GENERIC,        reply

My trace debug looks like :

Fri Apr  4 10:06:31 2003: DEBUG: Query is: BEGIN
security_pkg.check_password('SOMEUSER','SOMEPASSWORD',:reply_item); END;
Fri Apr  4 10:06:31 2003: ERR: Bad attribute=value pair: 1
Fri Apr  4 10:06:31 2003: DEBUG: Radius::AuthPLSQL looks for match with
SOMEUSER
Fri Apr  4 10:06:31 2003: DEBUG: Radius::AuthPLSQL ACCEPT:
Fri Apr  4 10:06:31 2003: DEBUG: Access accepted for SOMEUSER

The trouble here is that "SOMEPASSWORD" is actually incorrect, but the user
is being authenticated anyway. I think I'm implementing AuthPLSQL
incorrectly but not entirely sure. Do I need to define the behavior of
check_password to Radiator...? If so, I'd appreciate some help on where I
would do this.

Any advice on this would be most welcome...

Thanks kindly in advance

Tim

Mazda Australia takes many precautions to ensure emails are virus free.
For extra protection you should virus scan this message yourself.