(RADIATOR) Problem with AuthBy EXTERNAL when radiusd is running under different uid/gid than root

Per Lütkemeyer pel at dmdata.dk
Wed Apr 2 02:27:28 CST 2003

Hi Hugh !

I have expirenced problems when when running radiusd under a seperate user
account.

The server is running Redhat 8.0
The server is configured as Kerberos client and users are authenticated
via PAM, it works fine.

The config (radius.cfg)  is testet when radiusd is running as root and it
works as expected.
When switching to user radiator I'm getting following error in logfile
 "Wed Apr  2 10:22:38 2003: INFO: Access rejected for dmdpel: Error -1
running EXTERNAL command: No child processes"

I've found this in the mailing list archives, is this relevant ?