(RADIATOR) ReWriteUser query ...

Carl Stinson radlist at u.tv
Tue Apr 1 08:42:44 CST 2003

Looking to use a global rewriteuser to fix usernames that contain
singlequotes (') and are too big to be stored in my defined ACCT & RADONLINE
tables.

So far I've got:   rewriteuser s/[']/''/g

This works dandy for the first bit, but my limited knowledge of regular
expressions just falls down when I come to do a LEFT$(u,50)  type string
operation.  Any PERL boffins wanna help me out ?  :)

Would I then be right in declaring 2 rewrites:

rewriteuser s/[']/''/g
rewriteuser <reg exp of doom>

Cheers,
    Carl

--
This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential.  If you have received it
in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au