(RADIATOR) DefaultSimultaneousUse 1 problem

Rob Hill rob at dot.net.au
Mon Sep 30 21:45:38 CDT 2002

Hi -

I've been setting up <SessionsDatabase SQL> and encountered a weird
caveat while doing so - it doesn't seem to be possible to apply
DefaultSimultaneousUse from within an AuthBy which has been called by a
Handler.

The code in AuthGeneric.pm goes as follows (we're using Radiator
2.18.4):

    # Check the DefaultSimultaneousUse if we did not get a per-user
    # one. Warning, dont do it if we were called by a Handler
    if (!$did_sim_use
        && $self
        && defined $self->{DefaultSimultaneousUse}
        && Radius::SessGeneric::find($p->{Handler}->{SessionDatabase})->exceeded($self->{DefaultSimultaneousUse}, $username, $p))
    {
        return ($main::REJECT,
                "DefaultSimultaneousUse of $self->{DefaultSimultaneousUse}  exceeded");
    }

My question is why? We use handles almost exclusively, to differenciate
between multiple number ranges and all kinds of funky stuff. We don't
use any Realms (it would work if called from a realm)

<AuthBy RADIUS>
        Identifier      SPD1
        Secret          xxxxxxxx

        ### Use sim-use of 1 unless there is a user-specific entry
        ### doesn't work if called by a handler - have to use
        ### MaxSessions instead (in the handler)
        DefaultSimultaneousUse 1

	Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

</AuthBy>

So when I call <AuthBy SPD1> from within a handler, the SessionDatabase
countQuery is never executed (although the add and delete are).

It does work if I set MaxSessions, but we don't want to have to use
MaxSessions, as it can't be overridden by specific Simultaneous-Use
attributes.

Regards,

Rob

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au