(RADIATOR) RewriteUsername and logging

Jeremy Hinton jgh at visi.net
Sat Sep 28 14:26:29 CDT 2002

Greetings all,

	I'm having a bit of a puzzle i cant seem to figure out. I am using an
AuthBy LDAP2 clause to auth with an LDAP server. The LDAP
schema is built as uid=<username>,cn=<realm>. Since most of my users log in
w/out specifying a realm, i have a DefaultRealm specified in my Client
clause. This works no problem. However, my billing system, which reads the
Accounting logs, doesn't like seeing the realm tagged on the end of the
username, and needs it to be stripped off. If i put a RewriteUsername in my
Handler, it strips the realm off before the AuthBy LDAP2 occurs, and breaks
it. I suppose i could run 2 separate servers, one for auth and another for
accounting, with the accounting one stripping the realm, but that seems
like a bit of overkill. Or, i could put the rewrite in an AuthBy GROUP
clause just for the accounting part, but i'd need an AuthBy module that did
normal radius accounting (and disable accounting in the realm/hanlder), and
i haven't found one that does.  Any suggestions?

- jeremy

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au