(RADIATOR) Loadbalance

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Sep 24 21:07:58 CDT 2002

Hello Ray -

I don't think using loadbalancing in the way you describe will gain you
anything.

You would probably do better running two instances of Radiator, one to
process authentication requests and the other to process accounting
requests. This tends to work better, because there are twice as many
accounting requests as authentication requests (start and stop for
every access). There is usually more overhead involved in processing
accounting requests as well, but if it is in a seperate process, it
doesn't get in the way of the authentication requests.

The loadbalancing is really designed to spread requests across seperate
machines, which of course you should have in any case.

On Wednesday, September 25, 2002, at 11:40 AM, rcortez at info.com.ph

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au