(RADIATOR) Handler being ignored

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Thu Sep 19 20:51:08 CDT 2002

Essentially I am trying to ignore Comindicos duplica accounting records.

<Clients>

<Handler NAS-Port-Type=Async>
        AccountingHandled
        <AuthBy TEST>
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

<SessionDatabase SQL>
...deleted
</SessionDatabase>

<AddressAllocator SQL>
...deleted
</AddressAllocator>

<Handler Realm=DEFAULT>
...lots deleted
</Handler>

Is this correct?

Cause I am getting lots of:

Fri Sep 20 11:17:57 2002: WARNING: Could not find a handler for xxxxxxxxxxxx: request is ignored

...Skeeve

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 11:03:37AM +1000, Hugh Irvine wrote into the ether:

> Hello Skeeve -
>
> You should not mix Realms and Handlers in the same configuration file
> for this very reason.
>
> Radiator first checks any Realms in the configuration file and if there
> is a match, that is what is used.
>
> If you want to use a Handler as you show below, you should change your
> existing Realms to Handlers.
>
> <Realm foo.bar>
>
> would become
>
> <Handler Realm = foo.bar>
>
> Note that Handlers are evaluated in the order they appear in the
> configuration file, so the more specific must appear before the more
> general and the most often used should be as close to the top of the
> list as possible (modulo the previous caveat).
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> On Friday, September 20, 2002, at 10:35 AM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
>

> > Hey all,
> >
> > <Handler NAS-Port-Type = /Async/ >
> >         AccountingHandled
> >         <AuthBy Test>
> >         </AuthBy>
> > </Handler>
> >

> > Is being ignored at present :(
> >

> > WHERE in the config file should this handler be located.  The examples
> > in goodies suggest after the <Client> entries and before any Realm
> > entries.
> >

> > ...Skeeve
> > ===
> > Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
> > Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au

> anywhere. Available on *NIX, *BSD, Windows 95/98/2000, NT, MacOS X.
> -

    | Skeeve Stevens   -   whois://SS927  -   url: http://www.skeeve.org/ |
    | email://skeeve@skeeve.org/    work.url: http://www.ChristianIT.org/ |
    | phone://02.8800.4159/          mobile://0414.SKEEVE/      [753-383] |
    | address://p.o box 1035 epping, 1710, australia        icq://6576270 |
    | - This email is (c) 2001 by Skeeve Stevens - All rights reserved -  |
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au