(RADIATOR) keeping a copy of accounting for AuthBy Radius...

Brian Sullivan brian at 711.net
Fri Sep 13 15:56:41 CDT 2002

Hi,

I'd love to keep a copy of the radius accounting for a realm that we proxy
to another location.  After reading in Section 6.17 in the Ref manual, "For
example, it is useful to have an AuthBy SQL followed by an AuthBy RADIUS,
which will cause all authentication and accounting requests to be
forwarded, and also all accounting requests will be recorded in SQL."  I
figured the following would work.  Can anyone offer some advice?

Here's what I tried:

<Handler Realm=domain.com, Client-Identifier=haha>
        <AuthBy Group>
                <AuthBy SQL>
                        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radiator
                        DBUsername      *****
                        DBAuth          *****

                        AuthSelect

                        # store accounting records in ACCOUNTING table
                        AccountingTable ACCOUNTING

                        AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
                        AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
                        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
                        AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
                        AcctColumnDef
ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
                        AcctColumnDef
ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
                        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
                        AcctColumnDef
ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                        AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
                        AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
                        AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
                        AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
                        AcctColumnDef   NETWORK,Network
                </AuthBy>
                 <AuthBy RADIUS>
                         Host ***.***.***.***, ***.***.***.***